Google+ Followers

Friday, January 24, 2014

I'm Seeing "Red"



Does an idea just pop in your head sometimes?  Well, I am here to tell you, I have been thinking about my bar stools.  They are just these ugly wooden plain ole things.  They need something.  I have thought about colors to paint them...turquoise?  Yellow?  Nope, it's settled.....going to use the color red.




I am not sure if I chose this color because of all the "red" that I am seeing on the internet due to the up and coming Valentines day or not, but I just know, "red" is the color I need.





I have had a sample "Traverse City Cherry" for quite some time.  It isn't that deep barn red color that I really love, but a much brighter red.  Heck, might as well try it...It IS only paint, you know.  If I totally hate it, I can always go to Plan "B".









After the paint brush!  

The Polar Vortex and all this other weather is about to wear me thin, and I am getting bored with being stuck inside....and when that happens, you better look out, because I might just paint something.

The last statement brings me full circle.  I have paint brush and paint in hand...so here goes.

I think I am going to like the outcome.  Are you ready to take the plunge and paint something!!!





My color selection actually comes from this table setting that I have in the kitchen area.  You see, I have a larger table that has a turquoise painted top on it...I found this wonderful table square about a year ago, and I have just loved the pop of color that it adds to the kitchen.

The wonderful little cups came from a quick run into Starbucks over the holidays.  I saw them, and they were on sale, so you know the rest of that story.  :)





The I-phone pic doesn't really do the color justice, but you get the idea.  I think it has gotten me out of my funk.  I am really liking the pop of color.  So for now, I am Happy, Happy, Happy.  :)
Happy, Happy, Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment