Google+ Followers

Sunday, August 4, 2013

"Blah" Bookcase gets a new life!

If you follow my blog, you know I take no prisoners when it comes to painting with Milk Paint.  I really do love the stuff.

My daughter in law has been bitten with the bug as well.  I haven't gotten pictures of the changes we have made in their home, but I promise I will soon.







Back at ChukaDi Acres I have been busy slinging paint.  In a past blog, I covered the back of our built in bookcase with fabric. (Small Change to a built in bookshelf)
 I was pretty happy with myself on that little change, but it still needed more.  I  set and watch TV in the evening, and look at the book case.











We have a very large black entertainment center that is pretty close to the bookcase.  I have looked at the way the molding comes into play with the bookcase.  Exactly how I was going to paint this had finally come to light.




After Chalk Paint 
Before Chalk Paint








I used the CeCe Caldwell Milk Paint on the built in desk, and was so happy with the color, I decided to do the same on the bookcase.












I am telling you, it is such an easy task.  The paint is really so easy and wonderful to use.  I let it dry overnight, and today I put a clear coat of wax on it.  It is now finished, and I think it really changed the look of an 'oh so "blah" bookcase.  I am very happy with the way the rock on the fireplace blends into the color I chose.

I will be interested in your thoughts, and I also want to know if you have been busy painting as well.  What is your next project!!??


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore the color you selected! It took a rather plain piece and transformed it into "Look at me!" Well done.

    ReplyDelete