Google+ Followers

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Faux Carriage Garage Door

I have wanted a new garage door, but really don't need one.  I just want the door to look like the Carriage Doors that you see on the newer homes.  Our garage doesn't show from the front of the house, so it is really just for me to look at.  With that said, I have been researching on the Faux kits they have out there.  I have toyed with the idea to paint the windows on the existing door.  I have decided to not paint the faux windows in the door, as I think I am going to be pretty happy with the brackets by themselves.  If I want the windows, all I have to do it get the paint brush out and do it!
Before

I finally bit the bullet and ordered a couple of sets of the Faux Carriage Door hardware.  I am going to do our double wide garage door, and also the single door that is at the shop in the back of our property. 


After!!!  :)
Drill in hand, I began the transformation.  It was a very easy job, and I handled it without a hitch.  I taped the hinges in the spot that I thought they needed to be and then stepped back and looked at them.  I think these are going to work!!!  There are 3 screws in each bracket, and the 2 door handles have 2 in each of them.  If you figure that all up you will know that I have added 16 holes in our garage door.....just glad my husband was out of town while I installed them  :) 





I am very pleased with the finished product.  Think it really added a little pizazz to an otherwise dull white garage door.  I know I am going to be the only person that sees these on a daily basis, but I think I am going to be leaving the garage door down a lot more, so I can admire my handy work...LOL

The weather has been so wishy washy this year, and there is another cold front coming.  I am not talking a mild cold front, we are breaking all records here.  It is dropping to 31 tonight, and I have run out of daylight, so the other door will have to wait for a couple of days.   

What little ideas do you want to add to your dwelling to "spruce it up a little"?  Maybe I have inspired you to try something new!  Let me know what is on your list. 
 

3 comments:

  1. Finding the right garage door for your home or business can require spending time on the Internet, at the local home improvement stores and garage door retailer. Remember garage doors pricing is just one of many criteria you should use in making a door selection.

    Rolling Gate Repairs Queens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new hardware! I just found out the buyers of our previous home did the same thing, and I'm jealous that I never thought of it ;-) Thanks for your kind comment at Red Hen Home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww..what a lovely Garage Door design. I think we can also install gate motors into such doors..

    ReplyDelete