Google+ Followers

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Irish Eyes are Shining (at our house)

March is finally here.  I am so ready for Spring.

I have been decorating my little area for St. Patricks Day.  I didn't add very much, but I think it's kind of cute.



My Frozen Charlotte Dolls are hiding in some green Easter grass I got at the local Walmart.
Did you know that you can get just heads or torseau of these dolls.  I am partial to the full bodies with their heads and what limbs they have left on them attached.  LOL






























My typewriter is ready for St. Patrick's Day as well.  I found the little lights at Target, and think they just look pretty cute on it.

















The ball jars were purchased about a year ago at a garage sale.  I almost forgot about them.  The shamrock is perfect for this holiday!





























I have a favorite wooden shamrock that I like to add to the front door.  My dad cut this out in 1984, and he has been gone for over 20 yrs. now, but I still put it out.  I know he smiles when I do!!!







































How about you...do you turn anything green for St. Pat's?






I am linking to:myrepurposedlife.net  Check her out

10 comments:

  1. Never think to decorate for St. Patricks Day. Love the "frozen charlottes".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. I can't believe Easter is at the end of the month, so I am thinking St. Pat may be short lived. :) Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Very nice. I'd love to have you link this to What to do Weekends Party, too. Following you also. Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/02/what-to-do-weekends-8.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda for stopping by and I will pop over to your Weekends Party. Appreciate the offer. Have a good week.

      Delete
  3. Sweet decorations and how special to have the piece your dad made...love it!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy for stopping by. Appreciate the kind thoughts. Have a great week

      Delete
  4. Hi Diane! What a fun St. Patrick's Day decoration vignette! Especially the piece made by your dad. What a great memory for you every year on St. Patrick's Day. This year, for St. Patrick's day, I made a sentimental wreath for the mom of an Irish dancer. I used items that the dancer had used in her various dances, a few family heirlooms that were special to the mom, and incorporated them all into the wreath. Now they have a special memory each year on St. Patrick's day. Look for my St. Patrick's Day post. I'm an new follower! Happy Creating, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Catherine. I will have to get over to your blog and check out the wreath you made. Sounds wonderful. Love making memories :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for coming over to What to do Weekends!! You help make it great! Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite. I really do appreciate it. Can't wait till the next one. Have a great week.

      Delete