Google+ Followers

Friday, February 8, 2013

Don't sit still or I might paint you!

I have been on a painting spree this week.  My friend Phil, has brought over some pieces of furniture that we had discussed needed to be painted with some chalk paint so they would sell.

He has a booth at the Britton Street Mall, and has moved to the front of the store in a little room all to himself.  So it's time to try some new stuff and see how it goes. 






I first painted this cute little side table.  I wanted to paint it first because it was so cute.  I used CeCe Caldwells Myrtle Beach Sand, and finished with the aging cream.  I think it turned out so cute.  It is at the Mall waiting for someone to take it home. 












Next on the agenda was a oak sofa table.  Nice straight lines and I thought it needed to be gray.  I used CeCe Caldwells Pittsburgh Grey on this piece.  I used the aging cream on it as well.  It no more made it to the mall, and a lady and her friend were there shopping and one of them snatched it up. 



























The third and final piece I have painted this week, ( I told you I was on a roll) is a butt ugly little table.  Now that butt ugly part comes from me.  I just didn't like the little guy.  Sorry, but sometimes that is just the way it is.  For this special little piece, I decided to make my own Chalk Paint.  Have been reading about it all over the Internet and decided might as well try it on this piece. 

I am here to tell you, I think it has become a very cute table.  I will let you be the judge, but I think the ugly duckling has turned into a swan.  I really like the lime accent stripe. 






I am putting up the brushes for the weekend.  My arms are tired....LOL. 




 


Hope you have a great weekend...Paint something.....It makes your world a little brighter. 

2 comments:

  1. Well done, Diane! All 3 pieces turned out wonderful. I've made and used homemade chalk paint and like it, but I love that CeCe Caldwell paint so much more! It's hard to go wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie...I am in love with CeCe Caldwell paint as well. Love the color palet that is available. I think the finish is different than the one I mixed. A whole lot of fun with great results:)
      Appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete