Google+ Followers

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Tis the season to get new "stuff"

I know, I know, it is Christmas and we are supposed to be shopping for everyone on our list.  Well, I guess my name is on the list, cause I found something that just had to be mine...all mine.

I have been on the lookout for an old typewriter.  You know, like the ones you see all over the blogs.  I have seen some but they just didn't seem right.  Then while browsing on Craigslist, I found it....
Yep, found me a typewriter.  My husband thinks I am a bit crazy, but there it was....I made the girl an offer and she took it.  I am so excited!  Come to find out she wasn't very far from the store, so she even delivered it to me.

Dang, I had no idea that the thing was going to weigh almost 40 lbs...LOL

Not sure how much it weighs, but I can tell you it is ALL there!  It is an LC Smith.  She told me it was made in like 1920.  I just love it. The keys are all still there.  I am too excited to display it, so the cleaning will come a little later.  Our friends were over and her husband used to work on these ole things, and he suggest I take it to the car wash and clean it up.

I think it is adorable...what do you think!!!  Am I just crazy!  LOL...well, of course we all know the answer to that one...Yes, yes I am....but it is so much fun to be crazy for decorating!


By the way, Merry Christmas!

PS....That's my elf, Lollypop sitting by the typewriter...My sweet granddaughter named her!  She informed me she didn't look like her "elf on the shelf".  I told her Lollypop was very old, just like her grandma.  :)

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this old typewriter! You're so lucky to have found it. And I think your festive way of decorating it for the holidays is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...I was so excited to find it. :)

      Delete
  2. It reminds me of the ones that we had at school to learn on. They were fun but you sure couldn't type 80 wpm on them. I think Lollypop looks so much better than the elf, don't you? Just left your other blog now following this one. Found you through the BSN blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I can't imagine typing 80 wpm on it either...
      I think Lollypop is a cute thing too, but have to say my grand daughter wasn't too sure of her. Thanks for following me.

      Delete
  3. Hi Diane - thanks for stopping over at my blog! I think your elf is much better - I think the "elf on a shelf" is a little creepy, haha. Your granddaughter picked the perfect name too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think it is a much kinder little elf...LOL...Lollypop is a pretty nice little thing. I got in trouble by my grand daughter because I touched Lollypop...Grandma is going to have to learn the "rules"... LOL

      Delete