Google+ Followers

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Que the flowers (bloom) 12-20-12




I love it when something goes right.  I had planted some paperwhite and an amaryllis bulb a few weeks ago (because I read a blog from a much more organized person than I) in hopes that they would bloom near Christmas. 






Wow, today I walked by the amaryllis and I have 2 blooms.  Its a twin!!!  How exciting  :) 
and the paperwhite, although they are leaning abit, have started to bloom. 















I tried to add the alcohol to the paperwhites as I had read if you use a little alcohol instead of water, it would keep the paperwhites shorter.  I must have started watering with the alcohol a little too late, cause mine are pretty large.  I am just happy to say "they are blooming".  Right on Que!!!

Now if everything else will fall into place that easy, I can sit back and enjoy this Christmas! 









Hope you all have a Merry Christmas, and your flowers bloom on Que as well  :) 

PS....After the amaryllis has finished blooming, I take it out of the water and let it dry.  I then, plant it in the flower bed in the early spring.  Here in Oklahoma, they will come up and bloom in the early Summer.  Another bonus!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment