Google+ Followers

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Final post for 2012

I didn't start this blog until late in the year, (September)  so I can't say that I had very many entries for this year.  I have really enjoyed writing it, as it helps me document the "stuff" I buy and just fall in love with.  For me it is a way to show a more creative side of the business.  Not sure what next year will bring, but I can bet I will find some more exciting pieces that just have to come home with me.

I am learning a lot about the blog world.  I have found if you do blog hops it helps build blog stats.  You have a good chance of getting other people to follow your blog as well as you find others that you enjoy and want to follow.  There are some very nice people in blogland.  I am learning a little at a time, and enjoy it very much.  Still have troubles linking back to a blog.  I am working on it....any help would be greatly appreciated.  My stats are showing that I have had 719 views as of this evening, and that is from 16 post.  Not too bad!!  The post that got the most views was More Milk Paint (I'm on a roll)  with 98 views.  Thanks to everyone that has read and followed me this year.  Hope I haven't bored you to death.  LOL  Remember, I am still learning.  Funny thing as I have written my blog on our travels on the motorcycle for 2 yrs. now, but this is the first year to go public.  Just seemed to make sense so our friends that I write about can find it easily.   I have really enjoyed the response from everyone.  If you would like to follow the personal side of me you can find my other blog at My Life As We Know It  


What I did on Friday Dec. 28th and what I found  :)

I was asked to go to Weatherford Ok. this last week to measure for some blinds for a customer we have done a lot of work for.  It was actually snowing when I got the call, but it looked like it was going to clear off pretty quickly so might as well make the trip and do a little work.

My side kicks, mother & Louie went along with me.  The roads were dry by the time we hit I-40.  We got to Weatherford and the only snow left to view, was on the beautiful green wheat fields.  I am sure they were very happy to get a little moisture.

Measuring is done, and now we get to play.  Hit a couple of antique shops that I love to shop at when we are in this little town.  The first store I found  a really cute bowl & cup set.  It is for Christmas.  The cups say "Egg Nog".  Love the size of the cups, as they will hang on my cup rack just perfect!






We went to "Trudy's" and walked around.  I seem to usually find something there every time we go.  I came out with a cute little piece of luggage.  We were told that she is moving at the end of January to the downtown area.  Glad she told us, as I would have hated to drive by and think she had gone out of business.

Our little trip roughly 60 miles from home was a good one.  I did a little work, and found a couple of treasures.  Can't ask for much better than that, now can you.

Happy New Year....see you in 2013.

1 comment:

  1. Diane, just dropped by to pay you a visit...thanks so much for your sweet note on my blog. Sounds like you enjoy finding little treasures too!
    Come back and visit any time!

    ReplyDelete