Google+ Followers

Friday, October 5, 2012

Another Milk Paint project

I found the cutest little cabinet at a garage sale.  The lady said she had started painting it, and gave up.  I thought it was perfect for a Milk Paint project.  It is a very bright pink and the shutter areas are painted white.

I started painting it with the color California Mud, by CC Caldwell's Paint.  The thing I really LOVE about the Milk Paint is the no prep!!!  If you are like me and  just likes to start painting, then Milk Paint will be your best buddy. 

I put two coats of paint on it.  I have been looking for Miss Mustard Seed products here in the Oklahoma City area, and haven't come up with anyone that is carrying it yet.  I had been watching her videos about waxing the product when you are finished.  This cabinet was a perfect piece to try the wax technique on.  I just used some Johnson's Paste Wax.  Seems to work very well.  I really like the way it finishes off a piece. 

Here is a final picture of the little cabinet.  I went to Hobby Lobby and found some really cute and blingy pulls for it.  Think it just adds so much to the otherwise very simple piece of furniture. 
I think I am going to take it home and see if I can find a special place for it.  :)



I am still digging stuff out for my 'Barn Sale"....so wherever it ends up in the house, maybe the piece I get rid of will go to the sale.  :)  Kinda my rule...If something new comes in, I should get rid of something.  Ha!!!  Like that works..

Have a great weekend.  :)

2 comments:

  1. That is amezing thins for special ueses in citckhen this cabin is so well I realy this blog ,




    Cabinet refinishing oklahoma city

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and little cabinet. Wonderfully painted and color is impressively good. Ypu can follow this site to for event management. Nowadays for promoting anything in the market, the best way is the advertising medium. We are a leading brand in translation services and a reputed event management company

    ReplyDelete