Google+ Followers

Thursday, September 13, 2012

9-13-12 Just some stuff

I have been doing a personal "blog" for about 2 years now.  I love to write about our motorcycle rides.  I have followed quite a few other blogs, and of course, the ones I really enjoy is the decorating ones.  If you would like to follow my personal blog the address is www.mylifeasweknowit

There are so many ideas out there, and it is so much fun to read what other people are doing with old pieces of furniture and also painting techniques.  I have just gotten my first "chalk paint", and I have to say I am totally in love with it.  I have only used it on one small clock at this point, but I can tell you there will be more. 



Before
During




















As fall approaches we all want to start changing some of the things in the house.  I was able to take some fabric and within a few minutes, take a plain ole bookshelf, and give it some new life.  This is what is so fun about decorating, because there is no rhyme or reason for doing some stuff.  Just whatever you want to do, it is in style. 



Finished!!!!











This summer has really been hot here in Oklahoma, and I have to say the big thing that I have sold a lot of is the Solar Shades.  They are so versatile, and really can fill the need for about anything, EXCEPT privacy.  People are of the belief that you can not see through them at night, and this is totally wrong.  They are a wonderful product, and do the trick on glare and fading, but if you are wanting privacy, they are not for you. 

Before Solar Shades

After Solar Shades 






























I am going to attempt to add projects that I have attempted myself on this blog.  I am sure you will see some that you like, and then you will see some that you wonder what I was even thinking.  This should be fun, and a way for me to express some of my creativity.  LOL....


No comments:

Post a Comment