Google+ Followers

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall is in the air around our house :)

The weather has cooled down quite a bit, and the smell of Fall is in the air.  Guess it is time to take down all the Summer decorations and put out something Fall. 

I have to say the weather sure makes a person want to get busy and dress the house up with all the wonderful colors that accompany Fall.  I am so in love with the yellow sunflowers.  One color of yellow that I really do like.  I am also in love with the turquoise color that is everywhere this year.  With that being said, I found a great table cloth that inspired me in some of my colors that I am using this Fall.
 
 
 





This piece that is in the dining area was from my grandparents home.  It is really one of my favorites.  I remember snooping in that top drawer every time I would go to the farm to see them.  The things we remember from our childhoods are amazing sometimes.  The piece still has that same smell when you open the drawers. 
The scales that I have displayed were a recent find for me.  I am so happy to be the proud owner of them.  Sometimes it is just the little things in life that can make us so happy.  :) 












This area is next to the front door, and I always like to decorate it according to the season.  I am so proud of my little wooden cabinet that I was able to snag this summer at a local antique store. 













This picture is looking into the living area, and I had to had a splash of color with a two sided wreath on the table behind the sofa. 













Thanks for stopping by and hopefully I have inspired you just a little to get those Fall decorations out and get busy decorating.  Have a great day!!! 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Fall Diane!! I guess Fall is official come Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so ahead of me with fall decorating. Love the vignette you've created with your grandparent's beautiful piece of furniture. Wonderful memories for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys....have to strike when the iron is hot...LOL...I just thought I better get it done quickly, before I get out of the mood. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's our twin crow/pumpkin duo!! Love your owls, your grandparent's sideboard and the flag above is lovely too. Wonderful decorating!!

    ReplyDelete