Google+ Followers

Friday, September 14, 2012

Chalk Paint

Yes please, one in every color...and I will paint every piece of furniture in the house.  Watch out dogs, I might even try it on you. 
Not sure if I am the only one that hasn't used the newest rage in paint or not, but I am so glad I finally tried it.  I can truly say it goes on very easily, and is pretty much fool proof. 

I have had an oak clock that I love for many years hanging in the kitchen area.  I have wanted to do something to it, and all I could think of was to paint it black.  While visiting one of my favorite places to shop, The Feathered Nest, I came across the chalk paint.  They actually have "samples" that you can purchase just in case you aren't sure if the color or texture.  Best $7.50 I have ever spent.  I really do like it. 
I painted 2 coats of chalk paint on the clock.  Took out some sandpaper, and roughed it up a bit.....then I got the turquoise blue paint out and added in some random areas.  Here is what I ended up with, and I am very pleased with it.  Makes me feel like I have a new piece of "stuff" in the house.
I am sorry I failed to take a before pic...I will work on that for future pics.  :)   

3 comments:

  1. It looks great. Don't you just love how easy it is to work with? I love not having to prime first.
    Love my Silhouette too, just need to find the time to use it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Betsy. I really do like the stuff. I am like you, love the "not having to prime" part of it.
    I am really thinking I need a Silhouette. Not sure why I haven't gotten one earlier, but it really is on my list of "things I think I need". Thanks for you comments. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diane! that clock is lovely....now you'll have to tell me what the difference between milk paint and chalk paint is :-) I have seen you use both! Thanks for your great comment on my blog.....all the nice comments make up for any of the bad ones!

    ReplyDelete